One Little Word 2017

And here we go again...


Last year was such a blessing.  My word was "be."  The thoughts and feelings behind that word allowed me to take a deep breath, and treat myself a little more gently.  I was able to find a peace with my body issues that I haven't felt in years and my depression was kept mostly at bay.  

Last year,  I discovered and gave myself permission to "hummingbird" and play around with exploring new interests.  I played around with ceramics/clay, I pursued photography more seriously, I obtained a lathe (have yet to try it, but I'm planning on tackling that soon), I decorated a wedding venue, and I continue to enjoy playing around with home decor.

There were so many amazing adventures last year, and various ups and downs - I seriously regret not recording them better.  I mean, obviously I have a million pictures, but I do love words too...  So that may be something that happens more this year.  Whether I choose to do it here, or in some other format remains to be seen.

I'm so grateful for the lessons of last year.  Grateful that I felt inspired to use the word "be" as the guiding force of my thoughts and expectations - it was life changing.

This year, I had a whole list of words that I was contemplating to use for my One Little Word of 2017.  But the one that really filled my heart was "DO".   But not in the sense of do more, as if I'm not doing enough, but as in:

Do what matters most.
Do what God would have me do.
Do my best.

There are so many goals and dreams that I have for 2017, and some of them are fairly lofty.  But I have been inspired by a sweet friend who committed last year to read scriptures and say a kneeling prayer at least once EVERY DAY.  It is my prayer and my belief that if I do this thing for myself, I WILL be led to know all things that I should do in order to accomplish the desires of my heart. 

And not only the desires of my heart, but the desires of the LORD for me.


As I take my word and hold it in my heart, I believe that I will be able to do so without losing the peace and balance that I found last year; but with a trust in Christ (through inspiration from the Holy Ghost) that I will know all things which I should do.




Comments

bpaulsen said…
beautifully written! It is an inspiring post and I would love to follow this journey you are embarking on of "doing"!
Love you