Weighty Wednesday IV



Nothing much to report this week in the way of loss, but I have been much, much better with my eating. Writing things down definitely makes me think twice before eating that candy bar (doesn't always stop me, but at least I think twice about it...) Really, though, I have made improvements in what I snack on and the frequency of snacking. And my portions are becoming much closer to where they should be.

I watched the Biggest Loser finale last night. WOW. I want that to be me.

I loved what Gerry said about letting his mind go. That his mind had been holding him back all along. That really resonated with me. I think I need to just let MY mind go. Quit second guessing, quit excusing, quit rationalizing... Just make the good choice, and let the rest go.

I thought that Helen looked ill, like bordering on anorexic. I thought Tara looked MUCH better. Healthier, beautiful. I want to look like Tara. I want to feel that sense of accomplishment. I want to look back at this year and say "I gave myself the gift of confidence for my 35th birthday"... I don't want to go one more year where I hate myself or feel weak and unattractive. This IS the year I am going to do this.

NOTHING will get in my way - not even myself.

Comments

Cindy said…
I totally agree with you about Helen....10 lbs. heavier and she wouldn't look sickly.

Great cartoon and LOVE the new look!
Linds said…
I like the new look. and I agree...Helen looked yucky. and why was she standing so weird the whole nite? You can do this!
Emily K. said…
Loved the finale! I thought the same thing. THIS IS MY YEAR! I just want to feel good about me.
You're doing great, sounds like things are on track!
pan x 8 said…
I loved that show. That is one of my biggest reasons why I thought I could do this. Didn't watch the finale but cannot believe the teenager boy did not win!

I heard about Helen, but need to go online to see all the other players!

Yes, Karen you are going to do this because You are in charge of YOU!
Marrdy said…
Helen does need to put on some weight. I was surprised she was under 120. You hang in there! You can do it.
Annalyn said…
Well, I have to tell you that we are finding out so many things we have in common...trickster husbands, love Biggest Loser, etc...I actually don't know what I'll do after this week. My two favorite shows are ending (BL and Lost) - yes, as you can see the time, I stayed up way too late watching the second one from my DVR tonight. Anyway, last night was quite amazing. I can't believe Helen won - WOW, I was sad for Tara, but glad Mike was still so happy!!
Anyway, have a happy Thursday!
Annalyn said…
PS - do you know anyone who would want to SCREAM with me about LOST??? I don't know very many other fans...and I'm freaking out!!! Sorry, I know that sounds pretty dumb, must be the late hour!