On Facebook Memories, there was a post I shared from the blog from 2 years ago about how I'd rediscovered my blog and what it used to be for me. And how I wanted to maybe get back to more regular writing. I think there's a total of 8 posts since then. Not totally sure what THAT'S about...
The really mean part of me says it's just one more failure or lack of follow-through.
The more compassionate side says there has been a lot of changes, and a lot of uncertainty and trying to discover my new voice.
I'm not sure what the real reason is. There is a whole lot of insecurity though, that's for sure.
But I do really miss writing. During General Conference I repeatedly felt nudged towards this little space of mine. Unfortunately, there was not an accompanying content list. So to start off, I will just write some of the randomness that used to fill my posts.
Currently:
LOVING// the fact that my sweet husband and daughter had such an amazing trip for her senior trip/spring break!! It killed me a little every day that I wasn't there, but I've gotten a bit spoiled with traveling, so it was ok to miss one trip.
READING// nothing! Can you even believe it? I SHOULD be reading Walden for bookclub (not happening) But I did recently read Orphan Train and really liked it. Also read Fish in a Tree which is juvenile fiction about dyslexia and finding strengths in differences. It was pretty good.
PLAYING// at painting with my girls. We bought a bunch of watercolor paper and palates, and we are having so much fun. I love seeing them discover talents and hobbies. I am not as good as they are, but for some reason there isn't the same judgmental voice when I mess around with paints as there is with other things I do.
WORKING ON// finding peace. I've been stuck in a pretty bad place with my depression, and have finally recognized the signs that say it's time to get additional help (meds) to get out of it.
FEELING// overwhelmed with all of the happenings around here. Another kid graduating from high school, some unplanned remodeling due to a burst hose bib and flooding in the basement, changing schools for Max, college plans, missionary to return this fall, fighting my mood ..... and miscellaneous personal things that have thrown me off balance. Many things are good and exciting, but all change is stressful - especially when in large doses like this.
LOOKING FORWARD TO// see above. All of those events I just listed as causing my overwhelmed feelings are things that I'm greatly looking forward to. Especially the college stuff and missionary returning! I really do LOVE this stage with my kids. It's scary as all get-out, but SO MUCH FUN!!
So, that's about it for today. I know it's nothing particularly deep or important, but I guess it doesn't have to be.
The really mean part of me says it's just one more failure or lack of follow-through.
The more compassionate side says there has been a lot of changes, and a lot of uncertainty and trying to discover my new voice.
I'm not sure what the real reason is. There is a whole lot of insecurity though, that's for sure.
But I do really miss writing. During General Conference I repeatedly felt nudged towards this little space of mine. Unfortunately, there was not an accompanying content list. So to start off, I will just write some of the randomness that used to fill my posts.
Currently:
LOVING// the fact that my sweet husband and daughter had such an amazing trip for her senior trip/spring break!! It killed me a little every day that I wasn't there, but I've gotten a bit spoiled with traveling, so it was ok to miss one trip.
READING// nothing! Can you even believe it? I SHOULD be reading Walden for bookclub (not happening) But I did recently read Orphan Train and really liked it. Also read Fish in a Tree which is juvenile fiction about dyslexia and finding strengths in differences. It was pretty good.
PLAYING// at painting with my girls. We bought a bunch of watercolor paper and palates, and we are having so much fun. I love seeing them discover talents and hobbies. I am not as good as they are, but for some reason there isn't the same judgmental voice when I mess around with paints as there is with other things I do.
FEELING// overwhelmed with all of the happenings around here. Another kid graduating from high school, some unplanned remodeling due to a burst hose bib and flooding in the basement, changing schools for Max, college plans, missionary to return this fall, fighting my mood ..... and miscellaneous personal things that have thrown me off balance. Many things are good and exciting, but all change is stressful - especially when in large doses like this.
LOOKING FORWARD TO// see above. All of those events I just listed as causing my overwhelmed feelings are things that I'm greatly looking forward to. Especially the college stuff and missionary returning! I really do LOVE this stage with my kids. It's scary as all get-out, but SO MUCH FUN!!
So, that's about it for today. I know it's nothing particularly deep or important, but I guess it doesn't have to be.
Comments