The Field Trip

So today I survived the 7th circle of hell as I rode on the bus to and from my 4th grader's field trip.

I mean, honestly.  Our teachers... they should be paid 6 figures for dealing with these little monsters day in and day out.

About the 12th time the "Little Einstein" theme song was being shrieked out, I thought I was going to lose it, and you all would be reading about an "incident" on a school bus.  I looked back at a few of the other moms, and one pulled out an ear plug and smiled at me.  This wasn't her first rodeo.

I believe I've managed to attend at least one field trip per kid, but this is the first one I'd ridden on the bus.

Oh. MY. Goodness.  Never ever again.

I shake my head at my younger self who thought that elementary education might be a good fit for my future.  I also laugh hysterically.  Because there just ain't no way...

Thank goodness I dropped out of school and got married before I got too far in.

To every teacher (especially elementary and middle school teachers) and every mom that helps in the classroom and on field trips:  BLESS YOU!!!  Thank you for enduring endless hours, constant chaos, and a million other challenges and as you attempt to educate our children.  I now have a new appreciation for you.



And I will send supplies, cut out stuff for you or grade papers at home for you, but PLEASE, I beg you - don't ask me to come on another field trip!  (I'm pretty sure I'm sick that day anyway ;) )

Comments