There is something about that first snap of fall that makes me ready for change. To start fresh and look with eyes wide open at the current state of things in my life.
So many thoughts and ideas have been rolling around in my head, that I find myself overwhelmed - and so I curl up into a little ball and do nothing. But it's time to change that. It's time for me to gather my courage and jump back into doing things I love. And also to try new things - even if I end up failing publicly.
I've thought long and hard about the directions that this tiny little blog could go, and time and again I come back to transformation. Not just the idea of transforming myself or spaces into something new, but simply of transforming the way that I think and feel about the way things already ARE.
It's appropriate, I think, to keep the blog named Journeys. We take journeys to see and experience new things. And when we return from journeys, we are able to see things with new eyes. Life at home doesn't change. But WE do.
So my friends, should you choose to come along on these journeys with me, I hope that you will find yourself uplifted and encouraged. That you will find hope and help. And above all, I hope that you always leave my little online space feeling like it was worth the time you took to visit.

Comments