It's been a little while, guys.
John is currently working 22 hours per day. {i exaggerate, but not by much!} Once summer kicked in, it did so with a vengence, and with over 2 weeks of 98+ degree weather, he is booked solid for the forseeable future. Gratefully, he managed to schedule tomorrow off, and we are going to head up to Star Valley for a much needed break. We are looking forward to spending time with family and slightly cooler temps.
Girl's Camp is around the corner, and I'm neck deep in preparations. We have 23 girls (most of them 12 & 13 years old), and there is SO. MUCH. TIME. TO. FILL! I'm trying to walk the fine line between keeping them busy, and being militant about a schedule. Luckily, there are some pretty fun activities to participate in, so there are some hours that are occupied with "bigger" things. I'm excited to spend a week in the mountains with the girls and the women that I am so blessed to serve with.
So, yeah. It's been a really busy summer so far, and now that we are into July, it's going to just fly by that much faster!
I AM going to try to get back to this more regularly. It's hard to know what is worth talking about, and what isn't but when I look back over the beginnings of my blog, it was just a lot of everything, so I guess I will go with that for a while at least and let a pattern emerge.
{thank you to my sweet friends who encouraged me to get back on here, i am so grateful for your kind words!}
After the holiday, I will be back with a vengence!
Thanks for reading!
~karen
I'm still here. Just a little overwhelmed by life right now.
There are so many changes happening around here, and I'm having a little trouble wrapping my head around them.
Good changes mostly, but a little bit of the old crap sneaking in a little too.
The good stuff is that my oldest child received his mission call!! I'm so excited to see him grow as he serves and preaches the gospel to the people of New Zealand! It's hard to believe.
He also was ordained an elder in the priesthood, and graduated from Alta and from seminary with a 4 year diploma at the beginning of June. What an amazing experience to have your child worthy and able to bestow a priesthood blessing! I will never forget the sweet blessing he gave me.
I read a while ago on another blog a post called 18 Summers. It spoke about this being her son's final summer of high school. And it was such a bittersweet moment to realize that - truly - my 18 summers with my firstborn are past. And that my sweet chubby baby has become a capable, talented man.
Max attended his first week-long scout camp, and did great! He had some trepidation about it, because his schedule wasn't finalized before going, and he really - REALLY likes to have a schedule or a plan. But he made it, and did things he didn't think he could do, and I'm so proud of that boy!!
Megan turned 16 and got her drivers license! 2 teen drivers! Can you say *pricey*!!? So far, she's doing great, and it is nice to have errand runners. It's still disconcerting to watch her take the keys and take off to a friend's house (or in today's case - across the valley to a grandma's home!). The first few weeks of having a new driver are akin to potty training on the "things I loathe about parenting" scale. It is nerve wracking to a degree that is hard to put into words.
Sophie is continuing her refusal to engage in any formal camps/classes/groups. However, she is training herself to be quite the tumbler! She can now do handsprings, standing back tucks, and finally, this week she did her first aerials. It's amazing to watch her determination.
Max attended his first week-long scout camp, and did great! He had some trepidation about it, because his schedule wasn't finalized before going, and he really - REALLY likes to have a schedule or a plan. But he made it, and did things he didn't think he could do, and I'm so proud of that boy!!
Megan turned 16 and got her drivers license! 2 teen drivers! Can you say *pricey*!!? So far, she's doing great, and it is nice to have errand runners. It's still disconcerting to watch her take the keys and take off to a friend's house (or in today's case - across the valley to a grandma's home!). The first few weeks of having a new driver are akin to potty training on the "things I loathe about parenting" scale. It is nerve wracking to a degree that is hard to put into words.
Sophie is continuing her refusal to engage in any formal camps/classes/groups. However, she is training herself to be quite the tumbler! She can now do handsprings, standing back tucks, and finally, this week she did her first aerials. It's amazing to watch her determination.
John is currently working 22 hours per day. {i exaggerate, but not by much!} Once summer kicked in, it did so with a vengence, and with over 2 weeks of 98+ degree weather, he is booked solid for the forseeable future. Gratefully, he managed to schedule tomorrow off, and we are going to head up to Star Valley for a much needed break. We are looking forward to spending time with family and slightly cooler temps.
Girl's Camp is around the corner, and I'm neck deep in preparations. We have 23 girls (most of them 12 & 13 years old), and there is SO. MUCH. TIME. TO. FILL! I'm trying to walk the fine line between keeping them busy, and being militant about a schedule. Luckily, there are some pretty fun activities to participate in, so there are some hours that are occupied with "bigger" things. I'm excited to spend a week in the mountains with the girls and the women that I am so blessed to serve with.
So, yeah. It's been a really busy summer so far, and now that we are into July, it's going to just fly by that much faster!
I AM going to try to get back to this more regularly. It's hard to know what is worth talking about, and what isn't but when I look back over the beginnings of my blog, it was just a lot of everything, so I guess I will go with that for a while at least and let a pattern emerge.
{thank you to my sweet friends who encouraged me to get back on here, i am so grateful for your kind words!}
After the holiday, I will be back with a vengence!
Thanks for reading!
~karen







Comments