Fridays in France {Nice is oh, so Nice!}

Our first full day in Nice was beautiful.  This is the view we had from our hotel room.  I just love that building - it is so full of detail.  Our hotel was about 2 blocks up from the beach, and it was really nice.



We stopped for a quick breakfast on our way towards the Promanade des Anglais (basically the road which borders the Med).  It was this cute little sidewalk place, and we had mini crepes.




Sugar for the crepes...









These tiny little cars are everywhere!  It was funny to imagine John trying to squeeze himself into one.



We headed to the flower market soon after breakfast.  It was full of stunning blooms!



Soaps...

produce...  I'm seriously regretting that we didn't buy some of the berries and tomatoes!  They looked too perfect to be real.





We would often see soldiers with their high powered weapons roam the streets in threes.
It was a little unsettling at first, but you got used to it.


 A beautiful stone stairway...


If Paris is a study of grays and creams, Nice is a study in terra cotta, blues, yellows, and pinks.  The buildings lean into each other for support, and are so beautifully colorful!  Most of old Nice is pedestrian only - although, the mopeds pretty much go anywhere.




Saints overlook the squares...

Bryson caught this reflection - I thought it was very cool.


Make photo: 1euro.  We didn't pay.  But in retrospect, it probably meant 1 euro to try the beret on and take photo.   We didn't try on the beret.  But can you blame me?  I didn't want to touch the creepy faced head...

 One random hot air balloon in the middle of the square...



 This guy was amazing.  He had the coolest gravelly voice I've ever heard.


Moss covered alleyway.


The french and their dogs...  I tell ya.


Ah, the Mediterranean.  So beautiful!


I absolutely love this picture that Bryson took of the beach-goers.  The sky and water were exactly the same color.  The only thing that would make it more perfect would be a few colorful umbrellas.


 Beautiful girl in a beautiful place.


And this guy's not so bad either.


Picnic on the beach.  Baguette sandwich anyone?


One of my favorite pictures.  These two...  my heart melts.


 ....and of course - gelato!  Mango and hazelnut flavors.  Divine!!


Time for a break at our hotel's roof-top pool.



And then on to dinner.  Could we BE any more American??  (I made up for it by eating escargot the next day)


Bryson playing with tracking photography.  There just serendipitously happened to be a cute dog looking out of the window of this car as it sped by...


Evening exploration...







The ultimate splash pad.  So beautiful!


Reflections after the water show ended.


Surprise!  Steam billows out of the water spouts at the end of the night.  It was the coolest thing ever.


I love the reflections of the kids in this one.


Bryson got some cool shots of Megan.


I got a cool shot of Megan getting a shot of Bryson in the steam.  The interaction between these two was such a highlight of this trip.  I'm glad they were able to share this experience of a lifetime!



So, I've posted a ton of pictures, so I will finish off our visit in Nice next week.  It involved a waterfall, a chateau, a flea market and stunning views...

Au Revoir!


Comments