The Fog is Lifting



Well, obviously, I'm blogging more consistently now (at least for the last week or so, hopefully the momentum will continue) - so I'm trying to get back into the rhythm of choosing what to post about.

I don't want to keep things super narrow in focus, I'd much rather have a fairly wide variety of subjects - but that all ultimately boil down to a few main areas:  home (both decor and projects), family (updates and parenting), self (mental & physical work), spirit (empowering, strengthening and sharing), and then - basically anything that I feel is worth sharing.

I'm not particularly concerned with "growing my blog" or even making money with the blog - it's really more of a place for me to share thoughts and pieces of myself.  {when i say that out loud - or type it I guess - i feel like it sounds arrogant...  it's not that i feel like anything i have to offer is important per se, but for whatever reason, i do feel compelled to write} I will be honest though, if it grew a little bit - very naturally, I wouldn't hate it...  :)

So all of that being said, I do want to quickly express gratitude to those of you that have taken the time to comment on the links that I post to facebook (leading here).  I watched a Ted Talk last night on the importance of being vulnerable - and I feel like putting these pieces of myself out there for others is showing some pretty serious vulnerability, and I am thankful that so far, it has been received with kindness and support.  So THANK YOU so much to all of you, my dear friends!!!

I had a conversation with my mom the other day, and in it, she mentioned that my dad said "Karen's blogging again - she must be feeling better!"  First of all, I was touched beyond words that he connected my writing with my mental state (something I hadn't even really thought about), but second, that he even reads my blog at all was so sweet to hear.  He has been working in Alaska since January, and I have missed him enormously -

Anyway, I have begun to ramble a little (and have used an excessive number of parenthesis), so I will sign off now, but just know that I am so excited to be back to writing again, and I am so, so grateful to any of you who take precious minutes of your day to read the thoughts of this flawed friend/wife/mother/daughter/sister/aunt/cousin/niece.

Merci!

Comments