Rediscovery

I just spent 40 minutes looking through old blog posts trying to find a picture of a table I had made-over to show Megan.

I couldn't find it, but I may have found something else.

I miss blogging.

I miss having a place to just say things.  Even the posts that were little more than nonsense, were fun, and a little bit of me.

I found that I am a good writer.  I have an ability to convey emotion through written words.

I have been feeling so lost lately - wondering what my purpose is - where I should focus my attention...

Should I open a store?  Go back to school?  Get a job?  None of those things felt right for right now.  But when I read through those old posts, I felt something.

And it felt good.

That's not to say that someday I won't try one or all of those things I mentioned above, but for now, I think I'm supposed to just share my life a little bit.

There are so many blogs that are written by moms of little kids.  Even a good portion of the design bloggers and craft bloggers have little ones - but there are not that many blogs out there written by parents of teens and tweens.  

There is still such a stereotype about the teen years - that they are all moody, rebellious and hard - but you guys, it is So. Much. Fun!!!  Yes, they have moments of moodiness.  There are times when they challenge the rules.  And the worries are different at this stage.  But these people - they are strong, and funny, and smart.  They are intuitive, inquisitive, and playful.



So maybe the focus of this blog becomes sharing my life with teens and sharing openly my struggles with depression and my weight and figuring out how to reinvent myself at this stage of life - as well as keeping some of the old content of decorating and makeovers.

I have my struggles.  I definitely don't have it all together.  I'm an expert in nothing.  But I love my life.  I am immensely blessed, and hopefully there is something that I have to offer that will bless the lives of others too.

Join me?


Comments

Jenn Hilbig said…
Hooray! I love it! Looking forward to all you have to share!! :)
Ben said…
Crafts? Not so much for me.

But this idea I LOVE! You are amazing at so many things and being a mother is definitely at the top of the list. I am so much more than blessed to call you "sister".