Tuesday again. Time to talk transformations...
I'm trying really hard to get to the bottom of why on earth I constantly take 2 steps forward and 1 3/4 steps back. Honestly, when I think about my goals, and my dreams - I want it so bad I can taste it! All I have to do is follow my program. I just have to eat what I need to - when I need to eat it. No more, no less. Nothing complicated about that.
The cycle of self-sabotage is pretty vicious. And I need to find out how to overcome it.
In the meantime though, I am beyond excited to have noticed that even on the days that I backslide, my self-talk is not nearly as cruel as it used to be. I have learned to be more gentle with myself, a little more forgiving - and it doesn't spiral into an litany of ALL of the ways that I am a failure. I view that as major progress!
For today, I am going to try to keep my goals as my top priority, and not get derailed by my desire for instant gratification.
I'm trying really hard to get to the bottom of why on earth I constantly take 2 steps forward and 1 3/4 steps back. Honestly, when I think about my goals, and my dreams - I want it so bad I can taste it! All I have to do is follow my program. I just have to eat what I need to - when I need to eat it. No more, no less. Nothing complicated about that.
The cycle of self-sabotage is pretty vicious. And I need to find out how to overcome it.
In the meantime though, I am beyond excited to have noticed that even on the days that I backslide, my self-talk is not nearly as cruel as it used to be. I have learned to be more gentle with myself, a little more forgiving - and it doesn't spiral into an litany of ALL of the ways that I am a failure. I view that as major progress!
For today, I am going to try to keep my goals as my top priority, and not get derailed by my desire for instant gratification.

Comments