Dreams Do Come True {right?!}

Today is a special day.  The day my beloved husband was born a long 43 years ago...

He is hands-down the best thing to happen to me, and I am so, so grateful for him!  He supports me,  he believes in me, he loves me unconditionally, and he is the best example our kids could ask for of what it means to be a man.  He has made so many of my dreams come true.  Words just can't explain how I feel about this guy.

Happy Birthday, babe!  Thank you for EVERYTHING!!



Speaking of dreams, I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I was having a difficult time figuring out what my "thing" is.  That thing that fills that empty place in my soul.  I have had a variety of dreams over the years, but the timing never seemed right, or the fear was too strong.  And now it's been so long since I've allowed myself to dream, I don't even know where to start.

I am a huge Fixer Upper fan.  I've told John that I'd move to Waco if Chip and Joanna Gaines could do our house.  I watched a video recently that Joanna made where she discussed a few of the times in her life when she heard God speak to her to tell her that it was time (or not time) to move forward with certain dreams she had (of opening a shop, etc) - and then that night, I watched the episode of the show where they bought the Silo property to build their offices and retail spaces - she could just feel that it was their next project.

Later that night I was literally in tears to John that I don't know even know what my dream is - let alone heard God speak to me telling me to go forward with it...

I can't decide if I have too much fear, too little knowledge, or both.  It's at the point where really, I'm just totally paralyzed.

I  suppose I will just have to have faith that when the pieces are supposed to all come together that they will.   In the meantime, this quote from Chris Burkard (photographer) on Mormon Channel's facebook page yesterday gives me a place to start:

"If you are growing in your relationship with the Lord, He will show you the way to grow in the path of your passions."

photo credit: Bryson {@thegrizz}


Comments

Joshua Jensen said…
Love it! I totally know what you mean! I am also trying to figure "me" out in this ever-changing life. But YOU are amazing and I know you will find your thing when it is the right time. And until then, you will do the thing you need to be doing right now. and that is your thing.