Currently

I love February.

It's like a fast forward button through the last months of winter.  And I'm a huge nerd, but I love when February starts on a Sunday, because it's a perfect 4 full week month.

Things I'm up to right now.

~ Studying my scriptures consistently.  We had a Book of Mormon Marathon with our young women where we read the entire 531 pages in about 20 hours, and that seemed to spark a desire in me to be more deliberate about my studying.

~ Working on my personal progress (a goal-setting program for the young women of our church).  Our marathon also seems to have sparked a flurry of activity in that area for our girls and leaders.  So, I thought that since my calling is to help with the program, I ought to be more involved myself.  I'm beginning to have a deeper understanding and a stronger testimony of this program.

~ I'm getting ready to spruce up the interior of my house.  My depression over the last year has seriously dampened my enthusiasm for feathering my nest, and I'm feeling ready to take some steps back in that direction.  I'm just trying to mentally prepare myself for the whole 'give a mouse a cookie' effect that happens whenever I start messing around in the house.

~ Reading more.  Self-help and fiction mostly right now.  Currently I'm reading "the mindful path to addiction recovery, A Practical Guide to Regaining Control over Your Life" and  "While Beauty Slept".

~ Getting graduation stuff ordered.  Unreal.  It seems like yesterday I sent him off to Kindergarten.  And Megan did her course request stuff for her Junior Year!!  ohmygosh.  How did this become my life??  I love these people so much it hurts.


~ I'm working on finding balance in all areas of my life.   I'm trying to re-frame my thought processes so that the goals become more about the doing of things versus the actual result of the attempt.

For example: In an effort to be kinder to myself, I am trying to make any fitness or nutrition goals be about the effort and not the result.  If the goal shifts from - did my efforts result in weight loss? and becomes - hey, I worked out 4 times this week, or hey, I made healthy choices 80% of the time this week - then I will be much more likely to be pleased with myself instead of beating myself up because I didn't instantly see a result on a scale.

It seems like a much healthier mental place for me to get to.

And in the meantime, I'm looking forward to having some possible projects to post, or decorating ideas to share.  So...  Hopefully I can get some momentum going and get a few things done today!

Friday will be another France post - I love revisiting all of my pictures and remembering that trip.  So I hope you don't mind those posts...



See you then!



Comments