Friday in France - Paris, day 2

I'm giving you fair warning.  This post is waaaaay picture heavy.  About 40 pictures to be exact.  So sorry in advance if it gives you issues loading...  :)

So, day 2 in Paris was my 40th birthday!!  I know, right?  Who gets to spend their birthday in Paris??  Totally unreal.  Anyway, we started out with a yummy breakfast at a sidewalk cafe near our hotel.  See Megan's cute little mini crepes?







This is that fountain from yesterday.  These skaters were amazing, and Bryson had fun shooting pictures of them.




These streets and buildings...  and these people...  LOVE!

Can you even believe this ivy covered restaurant??


We were on the hunt for a building that one of John's ancestors had lived in...  But there were plenty of beautiful buildings to see along the way.


We found it!  Hotel Lamoignon.  Can I just say how glad I am the spelling was changed?!  People have a hard enough time with just LaMunyon...


 It is now the Library of the History of the City of Paris...  It's crazy to think about this huge building being the home of one family.  Guillaume Lamoignon was an unfortunate victim of  the guillotine.


Doesn't this look like a painting?  




This is the view from the river boat that we took to the Eiffel Tower.  


Megan just shone in France.  Every picture was just darling of her!



The Eiffel Tower.  I never really had any idea of the pure size of it!  So totally impressive. 





This guy.  Love him so much!!!




We headed off in search of more adventure, and got several more pictures of the tower along the way.


Megan helpful as ever.  Taking pictures for other tourists...  


Wandering is my favorite way to travel!!


Bryson had a great time taking pictures.   I think he's really wishing he could go back.  


Selfies...


We found another view of the Eiffel Tower that made for some really fun pictures.














The Champs-Elysees.  It's so strange to go somewhere you have only seen in movies or on tv.  



 Bryson looked super impressed...  The Arc du Triomphe is HUGE!!  







We had a little detour into the Mercedes showroom.  These cars were cool.


My birthday dinner in Paris was not at a fancy restaurant with a view of the Eiffel Tower.  It was in the basement of Quick - a fast food place.  If I was trying to be fancy, I would just say I had my birthday dinner on the Champs-Elysees.  But as you know, I'm all about keeping things real. ;)



 After dinner, we headed back towards the Eiffel Tower to see it at night.


It did not disappoint.  But because I am nothing if not a law abiding person, I won't post the apparently copywrited night images of the Eiffel Tower.    But I figure this one is safe since it's only partial... :)




We had a really long walk back to the hotel late that night, so we stopped for a gelato.  Because as we learned repeatedly on this trip, gelato makes everything better...


It was truly a picture perfect birthday in Paris!  Definitely took the sting out of the big 4-0.



Comments