No stylized photo, no glamorous images, just real life. Unedited, messy and chaotic. Welcome to 2015. I have thought a lot about this past year, and about the year that is stretching out before me; and I have to say, it doesn't look too bad!
Since I last posted, quite a bit happened.
Shamefully, I didn't blog at all about our dream trip to France, or about my hit-and-miss homeschool adventures {which led to the decision to return to public school for now}, not a word about Christmas or the holidays...
Once the trip was over, I think we all kind of went into survival mode.
I've had flare-ups with the depression, and it left me feeling a bit vulnerable. Coupled with the fact that homeschooling just wasn't working out, I've been feeling a bit like a failure. It's been really emotional wrestling with the decision about school. Especially regarding Max.
But I've come to terms with it all, and have determined that I want to revive my blog. {cue cheering} Be patient. It might take a while to find my "voice".
2015 is going to be a year of massive changes for each of us as individuals, but also as a family unit. John and I are undertaking a major makeover project in regards to our health and fitness. We are determined to manage our finances more responsibly. We hope to overhaul the yard, and possibly begin an addition above the garage. The kids are all back to school, so we will have new challenges there. Sophie has her double-digit birthday. Max will join the ranks of the teenagers. Megan will turn 16!! And Bryson is graduating from high school in June and will leave on his mission for 2 years sometime this summer/fall!!
All of these changes/events have inspired me to choose as my words for 2015 "DELIBERATE & INTENTIONAL".
This year is going to be the year that I take control and live the life I want. I will love myself now {fat and all}, and that love will drive the desire to take better care of myself in every way. Physically, emotionally, financially, spiritually...
2015. It's going to be big.
Comments