What Was I Thinking?!

So here we are a week or so into this homeschooling "adventure", and I am really glad I didn't blog about it yesterday, because - {sigh} - it was rough.  But today is going much better so far.

I keep trying not to panic about it all, and just allow myself (and all of us) time to find the groove of it.

It's hard not to constantly wonder if it's too late to put them back in a real school for the year...  I question my choice all. the. time.

I'm sure I will actually really like this once I figure out what I'm doing.  But the learning curve is going to be brutal, and the temptation to give up is strong.  Like wolves weeding out the weak caribou, I think the kids can tell I'm winging it, and so they think that what I have them working on is not "real" school stuff.   I have a lot of online courses, but not much instruction in the implementation of schedule/requirements/etc.  So there's a little bit of a power struggle going on.

We had to buy a new computer to accommodate the kids' courses - that meant we needed to bring in a desk upstairs to use so they can spread out away from the kitchen table.  Which meant the furniture needed to be rearranged - and with furniture this size, in a room this small, with as much as we need to live with - it was no easy task...    It's a bit like giving a mouse a cookie.

I think that the crowding is making me hangry.  Not hungry+angry, but home+angry.  Seriously.  I think I have a rage problem.  I get incredibly angry at inanimate objects in my home.  And sometimes at the animate objects.

But then sometimes homeschool looks like this:


and this:


...and I think, "I could get used to this."



Comments

Erika said…
Hang in there Karen. I'm proud of you!!!
I sent that two week intensive writing course your way.. Let me know if you need anything else. Maybe even a field trip to Wyoming! :-)