{crickets chirping...}
Well, that 2 months went by in a hurry! Summer is now a thing of the past, and we are heading right into my favorite season --- fall! Who cares that it's still 90 degrees outside, in my book, once school starts - it's fall, baby!
Although, this year, school is looking much different around these parts. We have embarked on the epic journey of School At Home.
I would say homeschooling, but does it really count if we are using online curriculum, and affiliated with a school district? Oh well, regardless, my kids are home with me still. All. Day.
The program that we are using this year has been really slow in getting us all of our materials and log-in information, so we are still not fully into the swing of things. So far, we have math and french for Max and Sophie. sigh.
I am not the most disciplined person, so me being the one to set the schedule and tell the kids what they should be doing has been a bit of a struggle. Not having the curriculum is not helping. I'm trying to keep the kids productive during school hours, but sometimes it's much too easy to let the electronics come out and relax a bit. I'm trying to be patient, but honestly, let's get this thing started already! You know it's bad when even your high school kids are begging for school to start...
To be 100% honest, I'm not sure how this will all play out. Megan and Bryson are both talking about going back to Alta during the 2nd semester, but since they haven't really even started yet, we will have to see how they really feel about it.
So, there's a quick update. I am determined to post more through September.
I'm sure you're breathless with anticipation... :)
Well, that 2 months went by in a hurry! Summer is now a thing of the past, and we are heading right into my favorite season --- fall! Who cares that it's still 90 degrees outside, in my book, once school starts - it's fall, baby!
Although, this year, school is looking much different around these parts. We have embarked on the epic journey of School At Home.
I would say homeschooling, but does it really count if we are using online curriculum, and affiliated with a school district? Oh well, regardless, my kids are home with me still. All. Day.
The program that we are using this year has been really slow in getting us all of our materials and log-in information, so we are still not fully into the swing of things. So far, we have math and french for Max and Sophie. sigh.
So, there's a quick update. I am determined to post more through September.
I'm sure you're breathless with anticipation... :)
{photo credit: BJack photo}



Comments