Oh hello, June! What are you doing here so soon?
Seriously. How is it possible that we are already wrapping up another school year??? The past school year has been equal parts great and horrible. The best of times and the worst of times for sure. We have been thrilled with academic improvements, and heartsick about increased attacks of anxiety. And we are all ready for a break.
We don't really have any firm plans this summer. Just some random cabin trips, maybe another jaunt up to Star Valley... If May was any indication, we won't be seeing much of John this summer, so it will be up to me to make sure we survive. I'm a little nervous. But hopefully, this summer will be like the last, and we will come out unscathed.
So I did a little redecorating. I was feeling like my mantel, shelves and pantry top were looking a little fall/winter and not enough summer. {I apologize in advance for the poorly lit photos, I'm still learning to use my new camera, and inside shots are hard!}
I pulled everything off the shelves and gathered stuff from around the house. I also pulled out my basket of random decorations.
So, not major changes, but for not spending any money (except in the bathroom, where it was around $35 for all of it), it was just enough change to brighten the place up.
I also bought a few flowers for my front yard - but that's a post for another day. :)
Seriously. How is it possible that we are already wrapping up another school year??? The past school year has been equal parts great and horrible. The best of times and the worst of times for sure. We have been thrilled with academic improvements, and heartsick about increased attacks of anxiety. And we are all ready for a break.
We don't really have any firm plans this summer. Just some random cabin trips, maybe another jaunt up to Star Valley... If May was any indication, we won't be seeing much of John this summer, so it will be up to me to make sure we survive. I'm a little nervous. But hopefully, this summer will be like the last, and we will come out unscathed.
So I did a little redecorating. I was feeling like my mantel, shelves and pantry top were looking a little fall/winter and not enough summer. {I apologize in advance for the poorly lit photos, I'm still learning to use my new camera, and inside shots are hard!}
I pulled everything off the shelves and gathered stuff from around the house. I also pulled out my basket of random decorations.
Here are the results:
above the pantry:
shelves:
mantel:
I also gave the bathroom a quick little makeover with a new shower curtain and rugs.
Some pretty new hardware
So, not major changes, but for not spending any money (except in the bathroom, where it was around $35 for all of it), it was just enough change to brighten the place up.
I also bought a few flowers for my front yard - but that's a post for another day. :)

Comments