Since I totally can't sleep tonight, I thought I may as well update the old blog...
We spent the weekend in Star Valley, Wyoming - Afton to be precise. To visit John's sister and her family. The kids LOVE getting together with these cousins. We drove up Friday night. There was spectacular sunset. Seriously, like 25 pictures of just sunset.
{speaking of: I tried to use just pics that I took. The buffalo and truck pictures were taken by Bryson, and John took the one of the birds}
On Saturday, John, Bryson, Megan and I went to Jackson Hole. The younger kids decided they would rather stay at home with their cousins. Turns out it was really for the best that they did - we wandered for hours and ended up starving and looking for a place to eat that wasn't closed or crazy pricey. Max would have died. Sophie wouldn't have been a picnic either.
But honestly, I may as well have been with little kids. The toy store was a hit. It was a horribly claustrophobic store in the basement, with a crazy amount of shelves that divided it up into a maze-like place. Bryson made the most of it by hiding in the back corner, and then calling out, "Dad?....Daad?... Where are you??" John would then call back, "Bryson? Can you hear me?" There was one lady in the store that thought they were hilarious. - just the sort of encouragement these guys DONT need.
Most of the day was beautiful. Later on it did storm, but luckily, it waited until we were safely in the truck before it poured.
Just outside of Jackson, there is this place called "mormon row". John's sister said that we had a pretty good chance of seeing buffalo there.
She was right. There was a pretty big herd of them.
From the safety of the truck bed, Bryson was able to get tons of amazing shots. He has posted many of them on his instagram page you can follow him here.
Before we left for Wyoming on Friday, John went and bought a truck. Finally. We are no longer a one car family!! I think he loves this picture of his new baby in front of the Tetons. I love it too.
Here are some random shots from the weekend. It's a beautiful place. And the kids had a great time.
On the back porch, there are multiple birdhouses that keep the birds happy.
On Sunday, we had a great time in the gorgeous sunshine. So much fun playing with cousins!
Sophie was pretty broken-hearted about having to leave Miss Aubs. They were absolutely inseparable. And they couldn't sit still long enough for me to get a clear picture.
It was so nice to get away for a quick trip. I think John feels rejuvenated, and it wasn't all bad for me either :). I'm so grateful for Erika's hospitality, and that the kids all got along so well. Hopefully we won't be so long between visits in the future.
{side note: I did finally go to the doctor, and was prescribed some medication. I'm hopeful that I will feel back to my old self soon.}

Comments