What can I say? Major slacker here. It's impossible to believe that another month! has gone by. Spring break is winding down and we are headed into the home stretch of school. Total craziness.
We were able to sneak in a quick trip to California. No parks this time, just beach and pool fun. John had an opportunity to install a fireplace for a guy in a multi-million dollar beach house in Malibu, so we tagged along and had some family time.
This picture was at a park overlooking the beach of the Ritz-Carlton. Fun beach, steep hill from the parking lot to the beach.
We had fun exploring Laguna again. We had yummy gelato from this little shop down a side alley that looks like the one in Disneyland (outside the Blue Bayou).
We were able to sneak in a quick trip to California. No parks this time, just beach and pool fun. John had an opportunity to install a fireplace for a guy in a multi-million dollar beach house in Malibu, so we tagged along and had some family time.
This picture was at a park overlooking the beach of the Ritz-Carlton. Fun beach, steep hill from the parking lot to the beach.
While we were there, John celebrated his 42nd birthday.
We had fun exploring Laguna again. We had yummy gelato from this little shop down a side alley that looks like the one in Disneyland (outside the Blue Bayou).
We had a lot of fun, and I'm glad we were able to take this unexpected trip. And I'm also glad that we were able to come home with a few days left of spring break so that we could have some time to readjust to real life, get caught up on laundry, and be ready for Easter. I think it's funny that when you take a vacation with family, you need a vacation to recover from it.
I'm so grateful for my family, and for moments like these to enjoy them. I die a little inside every time I think about how quickly they are growing up and how quickly things will be changing for us. I'll just soak up as much time as I can with them.


Comments