family life {catching up a little}


Can't believe that we are days away from St. Patrick's Day!!  That means the middle of March, people!!!  Completely mind-blowing.

Well, I figured it's time to update other parts of my life - besides the new kitchen - 

As you most likely already know, John was released from the bishopric last October, and was immediately called to be the Stake Young Men's President.  So, he didn't really get any kind of break, and in many ways he seems even busier than he was before.  I think that as he continues to learn the ropes, his time will be a little more his own.  But regardless, that's our new reality.  John's also still crazy busy with his "real job" and trying to build the Draw Collar business - but at least our kitchen is off of his to-do list, so that's one level of stress removed.  I am so grateful for how hard he works for our family.  We are all so lucky to have him.




Bryson's doing really well.  He's working at the Cinemark, and is getting really good grades {thank heavens!!}.   I'm so happy to see how he has turned things around - mostly because I can see such a difference in him and his confidence.  I count it as a tender mercy that we were led to the solution to his struggle.  Such a blessing.  


I love this kid.  And I can't believe his mission is only 1 1/2 years away! {sob!}

Sophie is doing well - as usual.  She is a favorite at school, and is such a sweet friend.   I took her and her little friends to Target on a day off of school, and it was the cutest thing ever.  They had a blast trying on new clothes, and being just generally silly together.


Megan is dancing again this year, and enjoying herself as a Freshman at Alta.   It seemed so strange to send her there at the beginning of the year, but now it seems totally normal.  {Max going to Indian Hills Middle next year, however - still freaking me out}  She is amazing in French, and hates her jewelry class - and luckily, most of her other classes fall somewhere in the middle.  Her grades are awesome, and through a trick of time, she will be getting her driving permit as soon as school gets out. whhaaaaatt??


And my sweet Max is doing great.  He is a teacher's favorite, and has some good little friends.  He is beyond excited about turning 12 in May, and I just can't even stand the idea of scouts, deacons and middle school.  He's such an innocent, and I hate the idea of him growing up.  But I just have to have faith in him, and not let him see my fears.


We still have our cat.  She is strange, and hilarious, and pretty.  She can be sweet, but most often she likes to play a little rough {i.e. scratch and bite}.  I blame John.

Well, anyway, that's what else has been happening in our neck of the woods.  Pretty normal life.  But it's awesome.  And I love it.

Comments

Unknown said…
I so love you and your awesome little family. I am finding myself too saying "I don't know where the time went." How'd I get here and how did I miss so much? ♡♡♡
Muriel said…
Is it so crazy that your kids are going to the same schools we went to?! Good memories there!