establish a house

Well, hello there.

Time keeps just spinning by, and every time I think that NOW I can settle into normal life, something else pops up.

I kept thinking that once the kitchen was done, we could catch our breath, but no - then John's expo for the Draw Collar was upon us, which meant whirlwind preparations and long hours working the show (for him, not me).  His Draw Collar expo happened to be the same weekend as the home and garden show - which meant that he had to take his 2 shifts there for his "real" job too.  LONGEST. WEEKEND. EVER.  (again, for him, not me)  Poor guy was on his feet 12 hours on Friday between the 2 shows.  But both went well, and hopefully will mean more business for us.

But now, that's over, so it's time to get back to a regular schedule.  Or at least what passes for a regular schedule in a house of 4 kids and a busy job and trying to build a business...

Hopefully this means healthier eating habits, a little more activity now that the weather is warming up, a more organized home, and more diligent spiritual development.

Since the beginning of the year, this scripture has been rattling around in my head:


I haven't really done much about it, other than to try to determine what each element of the verse means to me in my life (and my family's life).   So now that the major things are pretty much calmed down to a state of mild chaos, I feel like it's time to focus on introducing this theme to the rest of the family.  There are 8 elements to the verse, and I plan to take each of those and focus on them one at a time.  I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to take them as a monthly topic, or just hit them one per week until we've talked about them all.  

After having lived in total upheaval for the past 2 months, I'm pretty sure my kids are ready to understand the concepts of "organizing yourself" and "a house of order" - and why these are part of creating a house of God.  I'm excited to see how it all goes over.  

More and more, it is really important to me to create a space where there is peace, and where my children can come and feel the spirit.  That they come home and are surrounded by reminders of good, and truth, and light.  It no longer matters to me so much the size of our house.  What matters most to me is that we do whatever it takes to make THIS home into a house of God.  

Comments