Thoughts About the New Year

source 
So, one thing crossed off my bucket list for 2014.  I have gone through my 2 foot high stack of home magazines, and ripped out any pages I want to keep.  And like the bad blogger I am, I didn't take a picture of my triumph.  sigh.

Speaking of getting things done/crossed off my list, it's a new year, and I am stepping away from the whole resolution/one word thing this year.  It really hasn't ever worked for me, and it has become just another measure of my failures.  I read a powerful article today and it gave me some clarity about why I have been so hesitant to jump on the resolution bandwagon this year.

One of my favorite lines is this:

When you're working toward a goal, you are essentially saying, "I'm not good enough yet, but I will be when I reach my goal."

Right?


It totally nailed it for me.  The article spoke to my heart - that part of me that is so tired of being bullied by the mean girl that lives in my brain - and it gave me hope.  So this year is going to be all about implementing systems that become a way of life which will get me to places that I want to be - while still accepting that I am enough already. 

I'm sure that made no sense at all, but it will.  All I know is that I'm scared to death of what this year may bring, but I'm equally excited to see what will be.










Comments