I Hate Mondays

Monday mornings are probably one of my very least favorite things. - shocking, I know.  And I'm sure I'm completely unique in this.  But seriously.  I'm so over it.  Between the
forgotten weekend homework of my 5th grader, and the emotional, visceral loathing of school by my freshman, it was just an ugly, stressful morning.

Yes, I should have been more diligent in checking for homework, but this kid is usually pretty diligent about his work - so I got lazy.  And boy did we pay for it today.

But they are all safely at school now, so it's time to start over.  Deep breathing, let it all go....

Ok then.


No progress on the kitchen yet.  We are still waiting for a final insurance payment, and we've had another order of Draw Collars to get out to Canada.  We got that order ready to be shipped out tomorrow, so as soon as that check hits, we'll get going hard on this project.

Meanwhile, I'm sick to death of dishes by hand, a sub floor that feels like I'm going to fall through it, and a kitchen table that is in the absolute center of the space.

And to top it all off, I'm having major anxiety and panic about choosing the elements to use in rebuilding this living space.   A run down of the project list is:


  • tear out pantry
  • tear out fireplace rock
  • remove floor
  • remove old kitchen cabinets
  • store everything from current kitchen until new one is installed
  • get rid of old couch, find new home for armoire
  • choose colors for paint
  • finalize kitchen design, choose door fronts, countertops, backsplash, and hardware
  • create lighting plan, install lights
  • decide on fireplace design, install that
  • paint
  • Put in new floor (on entire upstairs level excluding bedrooms & bathroom)
  • install new kitchen cabinets
Paint colors and things like that don't stress me out since that is easily changed - it's layout of the kitchen, the finishes, and lighting design that is very permanent - THAT is what has me paralyzed and on the verge of a panic attack.  I'm scouring Pinterest, blogs and magazines for inspiration.  But my level of confidence is low.

My only saving grace is the thought that ANYTHING is going to be better than what I currently have, so, you know.

But it's time to get serious.  The progress starts NOW.  



Comments

Unknown said…
One step at a time. The whole picture is too overwhelming. Maybe you could get some help with design from Lows or Home Depot. I think they offer help. Just a thought. Julie;)
Unknown said…
One step at a time. The whole picture is too overwhelming. Maybe you could get some help with design from Lows or Home Depot. I think they offer help. Just a thought. Julie;)