Awesome, right? Last week we discovered (via a buckled floor) that our dishwasher had been leaking. All the way to the sub-floor my friends. Awesome. Not only were we not planning on doing a kitchen remodel this soon, but it also put the kibash on our weekend anniversary plans. Sigh.
Oh well. It's only a 20th anniversary. No big.
Seriously though, the plans we had made were not any big deal, so it wasn't too tragic that we didn't get to go. Also, I wasn't too devastated by our flood because in truth, we were planning to redo the kitchen this spring - and we all know that sometimes plans get changed (i.e. sometimes they don't happen) - so this incident sort of forces our hand and commits us to REALLY doing the kitchen.
But like many things, it becomes something like giving a mouse a cookie. Because the floor in the kitchen goes through the whole upstairs (minus bedrooms), it means that the entire thing is to be replaced. And since we were thinking of redoing the fireplace and ripping out our angled pantry, it means that we have to rip all of that out before starting to replace the floor.
It's all a bit exhausting to think about. But exciting. And terrifying.
I'm scared to death of making a mistake that I have to live with for the next however many years. And I feel immense pressure to make the best use of this limited space. So yes, exciting and terrifying in equal parts.
On the anniversary note though, we did have a really fun day out. We saw a couple of movies, played with kitchen layouts at Ikea, ate yummy food, and generally enjoyed our time together sans kids. I am beyond blessed by this man in my life. Our life might not be rich in money and things, but I can't imagine anyone being more rich in love than we are. The life we have created together, and the family that we have are treasures that I wouldn't part with for all of the luxury of this world.
I love, love, love this guy. Absolutely unbelievable that 20 years have passed. I can't wait to see what the next 20 have in store.


Comments