When the Wheels Fall Off



Imagine, if you will, the sound of brakes screeching to a halt.  Or a record when the needle scrapes across the grooves.

And you will hear what I feel like right now.

It's as if a rope was strung across the days and I ran blindly over it and had my legs flipped right out from under me - and I am now left lying on the ground with the wind knocked out of me.

I thought about just glossing over this ugly little relapse, and continuing on with my catch up posts.  After all, who's to know?  When I leave the house, my mask is firmly in place and no one would be the wiser...

But then I went to start writing my next post, and...  nothing.  There were no words that would come out.  Or if they did, they sounded so stilted and flat, that I thought it would be a waste of time to continue (both mine and yours).

Why?  What is this compulsion I feel to share this part of me?  It is ugly, and embarrassing, and painful.

I felt like I was getting better.  Not my normal self, but at least on the way back to her.  So to have this crushing backslide has been a bit devastating, to say the least.  It feels like I am back to square one.  .

While I am deeply saddened to be back in the pit, I am so grateful for the talk that Elder Holland gave at the last general conference regarding depression.  Within his words there is a validation of the reality of this affliction as well as great hope and comfort in the promises of the atonement.  

It is difficult to admit that I am back in this place.

I don't share this because I want attention or sympathy.  But it has always been important to me to keep things real here - to not just put a photoshopped version of my life out there for all to admire.  So I suppose that is a large part of why I just take off the mask.

And maybe, it will be a reminder to us all to treat everyone more gently.  We never really know what the inner workings of someone's life looks like.  

I will continue to seek healing in my life through spiritual as well as medical means.  I believe that there will come a time when I will be restored to full health, and until that time, I will keep sharing my story - both the ups and downs.  It feels a bit cathartic - and maybe it will serve no other purpose than to help my own recovery.  So, hopefully you will be patient with me as I occasionally let it all out here.







Comments

Unknown said…
I fell your pain and...I love you ♡♡
Marrdy said…
I am so sorry you have to deal with this. It is difficult and draining. But your writing is so eloquent and moving. Someday, when you feel better (and you will feel better, I promise) I think you should write a book of your journey. Hugs to you!!
It WILL get better, be patient sweetheart!