Well, Hello, September! I wasn't expecting you so soon. I'm not quite ready, if you'll excuse the mess...
Seriously though. September?? *sigh*
So I think the meds are starting to kick in a little. My mood feels a little more stable and I don't seem to need to break down in tears multiple times daily. My energy level and motivation is still low, so I'm not getting things done like I'd like, but I'll take baby steps towards improvement over being stuck in the muck any day.
I still find that I get unreasonably annoyed by little things at home though. It's like all of the things I hate about my house have joined together and started mocking me.
Truly, I just want to get rid of everything and start completely from scratch. Unfortunately, that would mean living in a completely empty house for a good long while -- but on second thought, maybe that wouldn't be so bad.

Wouldn't it be amazing to be able to start over? Just with decorating. I know I'm usually all about "shopping your house" i.e. looking at what you already have and using it in a different place or way - but right about now, I'm just over it. This hodgepodge of pieces that I've accumulated over the years is just making me crazy. I wish my garage wasn't the Draw Collar production facility. I would just take every last thing out of my house and live empty for a while.
As that thought has rattled around in my brain, I've decided that September is actually the PERFECT time to do just that. Think about it. If I empty my house and just let it breathe, and get it really clean, at the end of the month we will just be getting ready to decorate for fall and the holidays. So my project this week is to take down every decorative item in my public spaces (and my bedroom) and take it to the garage or the storage unit.
Enough about that though. In other news, there is no news. School is "so-far-so-good". No major dramas or complaints {and actually, so far, one of my biggest worries before school started is a non issue! - here's hoping it continues}.
Ok then, I'll get going on my to do list, and try to post more often with updates on my progress. We have a few things on our calendar though, so I hope I can get it all done!
Here's to a fresh start!
Seriously though. September?? *sigh*
So I think the meds are starting to kick in a little. My mood feels a little more stable and I don't seem to need to break down in tears multiple times daily. My energy level and motivation is still low, so I'm not getting things done like I'd like, but I'll take baby steps towards improvement over being stuck in the muck any day.
I still find that I get unreasonably annoyed by little things at home though. It's like all of the things I hate about my house have joined together and started mocking me.
Truly, I just want to get rid of everything and start completely from scratch. Unfortunately, that would mean living in a completely empty house for a good long while -- but on second thought, maybe that wouldn't be so bad.

Wouldn't it be amazing to be able to start over? Just with decorating. I know I'm usually all about "shopping your house" i.e. looking at what you already have and using it in a different place or way - but right about now, I'm just over it. This hodgepodge of pieces that I've accumulated over the years is just making me crazy. I wish my garage wasn't the Draw Collar production facility. I would just take every last thing out of my house and live empty for a while.
As that thought has rattled around in my brain, I've decided that September is actually the PERFECT time to do just that. Think about it. If I empty my house and just let it breathe, and get it really clean, at the end of the month we will just be getting ready to decorate for fall and the holidays. So my project this week is to take down every decorative item in my public spaces (and my bedroom) and take it to the garage or the storage unit.
Enough about that though. In other news, there is no news. School is "so-far-so-good". No major dramas or complaints {and actually, so far, one of my biggest worries before school started is a non issue! - here's hoping it continues}.
Ok then, I'll get going on my to do list, and try to post more often with updates on my progress. We have a few things on our calendar though, so I hope I can get it all done!
Here's to a fresh start!
Comments