Sometimes, there are little projects that just sit there. Waiting to be completed.
This was one of those projects.
This is the painting that my grandma did back in 1986 of the dirt road just before it turns off to our cabin property. It has been in my possession since I got married and needed any kind of art to put on my bare apartment walls. Gradually, over the years, it has been relegated to less and less conspicuous areas around the house - and eventually it was hanging in my garage. Sacrilege, I know.
But then, one day I noticed some damage to the art itself. Some lines of dirt or something went across the sky. I had seen some different projects where people took old thrift store paintings and did creative things with paint or sharpies to them. I wasn't quite ready to commit to complete destruction of the painting if my idea didn't pan out, so we went the vinyl route.

I gotta say, I love it. I think it adds the perfect touch to the piece, and it also works great with Bryson's eclectic room decor that we have going on.

Thanks to my mother-in-law and her cricut, I now have a fun {and still sentimental} piece of art for Bryson's room.
This was one of those projects.
This is the painting that my grandma did back in 1986 of the dirt road just before it turns off to our cabin property. It has been in my possession since I got married and needed any kind of art to put on my bare apartment walls. Gradually, over the years, it has been relegated to less and less conspicuous areas around the house - and eventually it was hanging in my garage. Sacrilege, I know.
But then, one day I noticed some damage to the art itself. Some lines of dirt or something went across the sky. I had seen some different projects where people took old thrift store paintings and did creative things with paint or sharpies to them. I wasn't quite ready to commit to complete destruction of the painting if my idea didn't pan out, so we went the vinyl route.

I gotta say, I love it. I think it adds the perfect touch to the piece, and it also works great with Bryson's eclectic room decor that we have going on.

Thanks to my mother-in-law and her cricut, I now have a fun {and still sentimental} piece of art for Bryson's room.
Comments