Hey There. Just Checking In.

I don't really know what to say.  I miss writing here.  But I'm still in such a dark place, that I don't want to put it out there for the world to see.  I don't want to make this place into my own personal pity pot.

Life is going on as usual - we are about a month away from school starting... agh!  I'm not looking forward to it.  I don't want the schedules and the stress of worrying about grades and the battles over homework.  Not to mention the worry about the social drama that school brings too.

This summer has been one of the first where I haven't had to deal with a lot of the "B" word.  My kids have managed to keep themselves busy.  And that, combined with the fact that every day is just flying by, means that we are having a perfectly pleasant summer. {and in hindsight, I'm recognizing that this is a tiny little miracle/tender mercy} I just wish I was in a better place to enjoy it.

The rest of the summer seems to be on the verge of flying by as well - we have a camp for my oldest this week, and then about 10 days later, he and Megan will be going on Pioneer Trek with the youth. Just days after they get back, John leaves for Alaska, and the very next Monday, the kids start back in school.  I can't stand it.  It's almost enough to make me want to homeschool.

Almost.


Anyway.  I really do want to write more.  I will try to get my act together and create a plan.


Comments

Joshua Jensen said…
The last month of summer seriously makes me contemplate homeschooling. Would we be a happier/nicer family if the kids weren't so frustrated with school assignments, projects and friends? I wonder that A LOT. But, obviously too lazy to change. :P