
Well, we made it. Another school year in the books! We survived all of the craziness that the end of the year brings, and only minor breakdowns were had {and those were mostly had by me!}

This year we had a sophomore {10th grade}, 8th grader, 4th grader, and 1st grader. 3 different schools. It's hard to believe that, because of changes in the district, my 8th grader will join her brother in high school next year instead of returning to jr. high.
My oldest brought home his first real yearbook this week. He didn't really get into the whole autograph/signing yearbook thing. But as I looked through it, I was struck by how much it reminded me of my own yearbooks. The styles, the layout, the clubs, the unflattering "school pictures"... It was uncanny. It's hard to believe it has been 21 years since I walked those same halls. I never would have thought that my kids would attend my same high school.
We are now 2 days into summer vacation {I don't count the weekend - summer never feels real until you've had a day or two that you would have been in school}. So far, so good. Surprisingly, I haven't had any "I'm bored" to deal with yet. It's not because we've done anything special. I've mostly left them to their own devices and they have kept busy with friends. But I'm sure it's coming. I'll just enjoy this honeymoon period while it lasts.
Yesterday I started on one of those projects that is a domino project. You know, you need to change one room, and it magically effects 2 or 3 other rooms as well... Anyway, I'm in the process of moving Bryson back downstairs into the alcove off of our family room. We had kicked him out of that space last year when we thought we needed a dedicated office space for our Draw Collar stuff, but now we realize that we can make do without all of that space. But that meant adjusting the family room to fit the desk - and cleaning out the closet under the stairs so I could make room inside for the office supplies we don't need daily access to. It's still not done, and until I can get a bookshelf or something under the stairs, I'm really at a stand-still. Although... I may have just thought of a solution. Hm.
Well. I'm off to explore this possible solution. I'll try to check in soon. I'm sorry for the sporadic nature of my posting lately. I'm working on finding my blogging mojo again.
Comments