Keeping Busy

working my guts out | Draw Collar

So, we have this huge order of Draw Collars that need to go to Canada.  We had what seemed like delay after delay, but the boxes finally showed up this morning and the instruction manuals were finished.   All of which meant that I could finally get to work.  I got almost 100 units completely boxed and ready to go.  Tomorrow I will finish the rest.

I was really excited about the fancy looking new boxes with the awesome labels.


working my guts out | Draw Collar

So professional looking!

We had a bit of a cool down in the weather, so yesterday (since the boxes were delayed) I got busy in the yard.  I decided that I wanted to take the patch of dirt in front of my window and create a new flower bed.  I was super lazy and didn't get an official before picture, but here it is in all of it's freshly turned and nutri-mulched glory.  I lined the "path" with rocks to make it look more deliberate {since Max and the neighbor boy have worn a path through the vinca}.  I think I will throw down grass on the dirt up to the new flower bed and put my metal bistro table and chairs there.  I'm really excited to plant some pretty shade plants there.  I want a hydrangea, bleeding hearts, fern and hostas.  It will be so pretty!

working my guts out | new flower bed

On the other side of the front porch I finally weeded the existing flower bed and turned the dirt.  I threw down a little of the extra nutri mulch to add some darkness to the soil.   Its kinda weird, but I really like the look of freshly turned dirt.  Almost as much as flowers.  And since a bunch of annuals weren't in my budget this year, pretty dirt will have to do...

working my guts out | yard

I'm still loving the color of the wood that we painted last year.  I wish I could afford to paint the siding a really pretty light gray to coordinate, but maybe later.  And maybe I'll luck out again and find the perfect shade of "oops" paint!  The other projects I need to tackle someday are: new sod, new light fixture, pretty house numbers.  We also will someday replace the windows and the soffits and facia.

working my guts out | yard

In other news, we have had a new family move into the neighborhood, and as luck would have it, they have 2 daughters that are just Sophie's age!  New bff's indeed!

new besties

We also had a big birthday here.  Miss Megan turned the big 1-4.  She had a blast at Oakcrest, had a quick 5 days at home before turning around and heading up to girl's camp.  We celebrated her birthday by going to dinner as a family the night before her birthday and then I took her shopping for the day ON her birthday.  We had to schedule her orthodontist appointment on her birthday, so we had to cut the shopping a tiny bit short, but she got a happy surprise - they removed her palate expander!

megan bday wall

We've been having a lot of fun with our chalkboard wall.

Summer is absolutely flying by.  Here we are at the last week of June, and so far, it's been good.  No whining, no fighting...  it's almost eerie.

But I'm certainly not complaining.

Comments