It's Somebody's Birthday!


making use of the chalkboard wall

So, here it is in all its glory.  The chalkboard wall.  I can't find the picture I took of the wall before we seasoned and wrote on it.  But it was BLACK.  Panic inducing, really.

Once we got it nice and dirty though, it mellowed to a gray that I'm pretty sure I can live with.  What I'm not sure I can live with though, is the chalk dust.  Oh my goodness...  it is EVERYWHERE.  I have to go get some of the chalkboard pens ASAP so I don't go insane.  


Max Birthday 2013

Today is Max's birthday.  It was really fun to turn Bryson and Sophie loose with the chalk to create a birthday picture for their brother.  

I think this wall is going to be so fun to use for different occasions.  {at least until we rip it down to remodel the kitchen at some future date...}

But back to the birthday boy...  11 years old and such a sweetheart!  He's grown at least an inch in the past 2 months, and he couldn't be more thrilled by that.  His current obsession is running and jumping to hit the ceilings (where they are lower in the basement) and door jams.  He's dreaming of the day when he can finally dunk the basketball.  He is still a lover of all things NBA, but has joined in our family's newfound love of volleyball and will be playing at Dimple Dell this summer.  Max is a perfect combination of all things boy.  I am so totally blessed to be his mother, and I couldn't be more grateful.  I absolutely LOVE this boy!

Comments