Been a while, yes?
It's been a rough patch for me. Like, bad. I literally wrote 3-5 different posts trying to express how I was feeling, but ultimately hit the delete key. I was drowning in a dark sea of depression, and there were really no words to effectively describe it.
Thankfully, I am feeling moderately better - if not totally back to normal. Things are just gray with glimmers of light instead of just inky black.
I feel like I am on the cusp of some pretty major changes in my life, and I am cautiously optimistic about the future.
I'm starting to take some steps towards a personal transformation - physical, emotional, spiritual - and I'm debating exactly how best to share some of this part of my journey. It's either create a separate blog, or dedicate a day or two a week to different aspects of my progress. {hint: step one may involve a new hair cut}
I really do want to get back to blogging more regularly. It was weird how I just didn't have it in me to write anything when I was struggling so bad. The frustrating thing about depression is that there are so many things about my life that are awesome and exciting and blessed, but I was just. so. sad. All the time! I seriously would burst into tears at ANY given moment, and I completely withdrew from interaction with people ~ it was just too hard, took too much energy ~
Anyway, things are looking up enough at the moment that I figure I can get back into the groove of at least fairly regular posting. We have volleyball season to catch up on, some business progress to share, as well as just some everyday type of goodness to write about. I also have some projects that I want to tackle as soon as our schedule lets up a little bit. Now that the weather is nice, I may be able to quickly bust out some little spray paint makeovers to maybe give some ideas for decorating inspiration....but I digress.
I saw something on Facebook today that it is Mental Health Awareness Week? Month?. I guess the reason that I share some of my dealings with depression (and I do hope to share maybe even a little more), is that maybe one person might be touched, reassured, understood. I will try to write a few posts touching on things that people did that helped me, how depression is not a sign of a lack of faith, and things that I am doing {or going to do} to try to continue my recovery momentum.
Let's talk. If you have gone through your own battle with depression, let's hear how you got through it. If you aren't through it, what do you feel right now? And if you haven't struggled with your own battle, chances are a loved one has. How have you dealt with that? I know it isn't easy loving someone who is in the depths of despair/anxiety/depression {I felt so bad for my poor husband and kids and siblings and parents as they sat helplessly by not knowing how to help me}. So, let's talk.
Comments
#2...You are brave to be so open. Thanks!
#3....Depression touches and goes with me from time to time, but not too seriously. It did postpartum, and that is probably the best way for me to relate to this. It's hard, but knowing there are others who feel this dark at times AND knowing millions of people love you does help. You should know millions of people love you and your AMAZING family. They all totally impress me. Every last one.
LOVE YOU!