Since my last post, I have had so many kind words and so much support from my wonderful friends and family! I truly am blessed to be so loved.
I'm still doing ok. Mother's Day was fine. Spent time with the family and got some much needed projects around the house done. We fixed our broken sprinkler valve and got the swamp cooler started up. We also managed to crank out about 100 of the 250 Draw Collars that will be shipped to Canada at the end of the month. John and I were able to sneak out for a date and we saw Iron Man 3.
My house was a disaster though, and I'm not going to lie, I was feeling pretty picked on. I was feeling really frustrated and upset that I haven't raised my kids to be more aware of things around them that need to be done... and then just doing them. I know this is not a natural state for children, but it can be taught/learned - and I guess I was just taking it as a personal failure that I haven't managed to make that message sink in.
That was Monday. I was pretty much just mad all day about it. I mentioned it {probably not in a super nice way} to my kids, and they did pitch in and helped with a few of the worst areas.
Tuesday, I decided that I couldn't continue to just sit and feel sorry for myself, so I got busy right after the kids left for school. The project: the upstairs living area. Kitchen/dining/living room. I totally rearranged the space. Cleaned it, and tackled a couple of tiny spray paint projects {painted an owl and basket - pictures to come tomorrow}. I took everything off of the walls, everything off the flat surfaces, and basically "shopped" my house.
Some of those changes sparked a rather impulsive decision this morning. I moved a clock from the top of my stairs to over the fireplace. As I was leaving the house at one point this morning, I looked up out of habit to see what time it was, and it was gone... So. I ended up painting the wall. It's a small wall, on an angle, and directly at the top of the stairs. What color did I paint it you ask? Um. Black. It's a black wall. Ok, so it's chalkboard paint, but right now, until I can season and write on it, it is just a huge black hole.
Not really sure it was a wise decision.
I hope I will like it. I think it will end up being pretty cool. Unfortunately, I have to wait 3 days to write on it. Pictures will come.
I am finding that staying busy is a great help in keeping the monsters at bay. Luckily, this house has no shortage of projects and problem areas.
So, I'll sign off for tonight, but I will be taking pictures tomorrow when I have some light.
'night all!
Comments