Spring Break and Conference Weekend

Yes, it's been 2 weeks.  No, I haven't fallen off the face of the planet.

We survived Spring Break.  Very, very low key.  The kids mostly just hung out around the house (luckily we had lovely weather), but we did head up to the zoo one day.  We had a beautiful day for it.


zoo spring break 2013

It was even warm enough for ice cream.

zoo 3-2013

I do so love these girls.

Then it was back to school and real life.  I enjoy my time at home while the kids are at school, but I really don't like the homework and getting up early and the after school madness of practices and playing with friends.

This weekend we enjoyed a laid back weekend while we listened to our church leaders as they gave us counsel and encouragement at General Conference.  A few years ago, John decided that during at least one session of Conference, we would pile into the car and go for a drive.  We drove to Manti, Utah one year and visited the temple there.  We have driven around the Alpine Loop, up and over Soapstone in the Uinta Mountains...  So this year, he decided that it might be fun to visit a "ghost town".  We didn't want to be ALL day in the car, so we thought we'd head to Eureka, Utah.  It wasn't a true ghost town, but it was a cool little town that we've never been to.

It was actually really fun.  The ride went by fast, and there were some cool pictures to be taken.  I love old towns.  I would have liked to do a little more exploring, but it was pretty cold, and nothing was really open (as far as the little stores).  

conference drive 4-2013


eureka, ut 4-2013

It was a really fun day.  The messages from conference were so great, and spending time with my family was fantastic.  I love that I get to spend my life with these amazing people.  They are just so much fun.

I am so very blessed.

Comments

Liz said…
Looks like so much fun! We should try that idea of driving somewhere during conference.
Becky said…
How I LOVE these photos and this post! The collages are beautiful, as are the faces in them. How fun, that you took a little trip to Eureka. This was the first year we took a little 'trip' during conference, which we listened to at night--6 pm to midnight both days. Our excursion was to a small church in the heart of Barcelona. I'm pretty sure my kids would pick Eureka, Utah over that church . . .