Simple Changes - Big Impact

It's easy to get discouraged when I look around at all of the things about my house that I want/need to change.  Like I really need new sofas, some functional chairs would be nice...  A kitchen remodel? Yes, please.  

But since I don't have any kind of extra money floating around for those big ticket items (or really even any small ticket items), I decided to focus on something I could do for no money.  My master bedroom was the perfect candidate.

Here's the before.  Not too horrible. But boring, so I decided to move things around.




And after...


master decor 3/13

I left the space above the bed because I'd like to come up with some sort of headboard.  But I really like how my grandma's art looks hanging by the lamps.  I brought the double lamp out from my closet until I can find one that is closer in style to the white one.

master decor 3/13



master decor 3/13

So there's a peek at the switch-around in the bedroom.  I really like it.  My favorite part is how this corner {above} looks.  (except for the uncovered outlet... sheesh)

Moral of the story (not that there was much of a story here) - look around your house.  Grab things you already have.  Try them in a new room, or a new way.  Stack some books, put something fun on top.  Move furniture around.  Don't be afraid of messing it up.  You can always move it back.   Changes are good.  And spring is the perfect time to make some.  



Comments

Joshua Jensen said…
I saw a show where they took a scrolly-looking design and projected it on the wall then traced and painted it for the "headboard". That would be cheap and relatively easy. And you could make it any color you want! Just thought I'd share. :)
Becky said…
I think you have a great eye! I love that you plunge in and just DO. And the results are just lovely! xx