Pearls

sunrise dec. 2012

Isn't that a gorgeous sunrise sky? (not this morning... go away snow!!) 

So, John got back.  Very successful show - yay!  And we all survived.  It seemed like a long trip, but because it was so busy, it went pretty quickly.  And now, I can't believe we are at the end of another week.

It's been a week like any other.  Typical struggles, typical craziness, typical life.  And that's just fine.


"After all," Anne had said to Marilla once, "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."

Some of my pearls this past week have been:

  • Megan's choir concert.  
  • Max's 4th grade program.  
  • Excellent news at Megan's dr. appt. (scoliosis - not getting worse! yay!)
  • John coming home.  Letting my son drive me to the airport - he did great.  
  • laughing with my kids when we went for ice cream Monday night.  And then laughing even harder when the sugar kicked in, and their humor reached a whole new level of crazy.
  • Watching Bryson's volleyball team play their first game.  They'd only had 1 practice, so considering that, they did awesome!  They lost, but not by a ton...  
  • A lunch date with John.  I am glad that this new job has such a flexible schedule - so we can see each other during the day sometimes.  
  • Girl's night out.  I absolutely love these women!
  • Good talks with my kids.
  • Enjoying the spring weather (until winter reared it's ugly head again).
There have been more, I'm sure.  They almost always outweigh the hard things.  ...Or at least balance the scales a little.

Spring break is next week for my kids.  I wish I could say I have a bunch of fun plans.  But I don't.  Hopefully we will have decent weather so we can enjoy some outside time!  I'm thinking a trip to the zoo, maybe go downtown, Max is requesting a trip to Costco :)...  we'll see I guess.  I so wish we lived near a beach or something. sigh.   Well, wish me luck!

I have some posts swirling around in my head, so hopefully I will be able to sort them out and write coherently about some things I've read lately that really got me reflecting on my habits as a mother...  As well as a project or two that I've gotten done, but just need to take pictures of (it all started when I needed to put a set of sheets away...).

Comments

Becky said…
Each thing you're grateful for becomes a pearl. I LOVE this. A list of pearls, and such fun/sweet ones. I have a couple of pearl necklaces I inherited from a grandmother and a mother; I'll never wear them again without smiling at the thought that if I wanted to, I could count off a 'thank-you' for each pearl. xx