Miracles


So I have to take a minute here and brag a bit.  This is John's booth at the HPBExpo in Orlando.  He's there now.  He was originally just going to go, but not exhibit.  At the last minute (about 1 1/2 weeks before the show), an ideal booth came available, and John felt like they should go for it.  But we would need to get a new display built and ready to ship within days.  With the help from our amazing brother in law Mike, and the use of our neighbor Mark's woodshop, they were able to get this awesome booth built.

sorry this picture is so dark.  I stole it off John's facebook.
And a huge thanks to John's aunt Carol and uncle Dave (who live in Orlando) for helping us make this possible.  They drove over an hour each way to pick up the crate (because the shipping company was lame), and then did it again last night to meet John and Mike at the Expo Center to set it up in the middle of the night.  Thank you, thank you!!


Here's how it works:

The smoke (fog machine) starts in the box on the right hand side of the picture.  Ordinarily, it would find the path of least resistance and head directly up the stovepipe on that same box.  But John put a Draw Collar on the pipe on the box on the left, and because the heat of it creates so much draw, the smoke travels all the way up and across the booth, into the other box and up the stovepipe with the Draw Collar on it.  Pretty impressive, right?




































The idea for this display came to him about 2 nights after he decided to exhibit.  Around 2 a.m. to be exact.  He was able to hop onto the computer, and sketch it up; and then finally get some sleep.

It's funny, because when John got home from his mission, and we were talking about the future, I asked him what he wanted to do.

He said he wanted to invent something.

This process has been long, frustrating and exhausting.  But it has also been full of miracles, revelation, and generosity.  We have had so much help along the way.  Both heavenly help and help from our talented friends.  I am grateful beyond words for every person who has helped us take things this far.  I have a feeling that things are going to take off pretty quickly from here on out.

John left yesterday, and it already feels like he's been gone a week.  Mid-day yesterday I started feeling that thickness in my head that comes from sinus pressure, and by evening, it was full blown congestion and massive headache.  Then to top it off, when I got out of the bed last night to take out my contacts, my back seized up a bit.  It took my breath away.

But.

I got on my knees.  I asked for help.

And it came.  I was able to sleep pain free for the first time in a long time, and my congestion was relieved while I slept, so I could breath easily.  I still have my cold, and my headache, but I was able to get through the night.  And my normal back pain is significantly reduced.

So.

 I got on my knees this morning.  And I offered thanks.  For everything.


Comments

Joshua Jensen said…
Yay for John and for you!!! It still amazes me how much the Lord wants to help us. He just waits for us to ask, or be ready, or for the right time for us. SO grateful for miracles!
Becky said…
What a hopeful and happy time for you! Sometimes, the stress of getting to hopeful and happy takes its toll on heads and backs, doesn't it? So glad you found comfort, peace, and a decent night's sleep. Equally glad your faith held you up. I love how that happens. xx