I'm trying to will spring into coming. After this past weekend of snowstorms and freezing temps, I was ready to bust out the spring decorations.
The vintage window was a find from my sister. I'm still not sure where it's permanent home will be, and it needs some love, but for now, I just needed a change from having the mirror over the mantel. The bunting was a gift/giveaway from a friend's blog {that I have since lost the address for} - I love the colors though, and it's just the perfect little touch of color. I found the owl at Marshall's. It was my first time there, and it was a steal. I'm still debating about painting it, but I love how popping that little bunch of flowers in it's head added so much personality. As for the candles, I just took some washi tape and wrapped it around the plain white candles. I am just discovering the joy of washi tape. It is a great simple way to add color and personality to everyday items. Just search on Pinterest for countless ways to use washi to dress up files, candles, cards, packages... endless possibilities I tell you. I won mine from a Downtown Tape giveaway on facebook.
Below, are my beloved handmade leprechauns that my sister made with their treasured pot 'o gold. I popped a bunch of shamrocks into my little hand made wooden cup, and suddenly, this corner is ready for St. Patrick's Day. I put up both St. Pats decor and Easter stuff since they are only 2 weeks or so apart this year.
It doesn't take much to bring in these seasonal touches, but I still had to kind of drag myself to do it. I figured though, that since I didn't decorate for Valentine's Day at all, I really should get out the Easter and spring decor. Mostly for my own mood though. Not because decorating for holidays is the end-all-be-all definition of a "good stay at home mom". I just knew that for me to survive these last weeks of winter, I needed a little pick-me-up. Sometimes, it's okay to let some things go, and other times, it is really a good thing to force oneself to make a little effort.
It lifted my spirits to add these little bits of color to my living room. It may seem silly or frivolous, but sometimes a little silly is just what the doctor ordered.


Comments
love you.