I'm not going to lie... I've been a mess these past few weeks. Like anyone else, I put on a brave face - and honestly, much of the time I am completely functional, even if not completely whole. But I've been feeling a little lost. A little caught in the winter doldrums.
I try to distract myself with projects or books, and often, it works. But in the quiet moments, I find myself trying to find myself.
Today I have been sitting here contemplating my life and what would be a worthwhile use of my new-found child-free time.
I haven't wanted to write anything, go anywhere, see anyone. But then something occurred to me. Part of the reason I have felt so BLAH is that I have been sitting with my hair in a ratty ponytail, no makeup and schlubby clothes.
So, down I went, trimmed up my bangs, put my hair into a deliberate bun (instead of my sloppy pony), and spent 5 minutes putting on some makeup.
I try to distract myself with projects or books, and often, it works. But in the quiet moments, I find myself trying to find myself.
Today I have been sitting here contemplating my life and what would be a worthwhile use of my new-found child-free time.
I haven't wanted to write anything, go anywhere, see anyone. But then something occurred to me. Part of the reason I have felt so BLAH is that I have been sitting with my hair in a ratty ponytail, no makeup and schlubby clothes.
So, down I went, trimmed up my bangs, put my hair into a deliberate bun (instead of my sloppy pony), and spent 5 minutes putting on some makeup.
And I gotta say, I'm amazed how much difference it made in my state of mind.
So the lesson I have learned today is: Just get up and put on some makeup already. Do your hair. Put on a scarf. If I make the effort in my care and grooming, I will be more likely to make better choices for my health. Both mental and physical.
It's worth putting to the test, at least. I'm sure John will appreciate it too. :)
Comments
Love you!
xoox