So, after my tantrum of the other day, I spent the weekend really thinking about things and how I needed them to function. I decided that I'm really not much for rigid schedules and major advance planning, so I needed to come up with a way to communicate what needs to be done in the house to my kids that was different than me just barking at them.
So I used this frame that has been hanging on my wall for a while and turned it into a Jobs board. I used a wet erase marker for the items that won't change, and a dry erase marker for the jobs that will be posted on an "as needed" basis. I like the idea of this because if I can get into the habit of spending 5 minutes in the morning assessing what needs to be done that day, then I can just assign it and let it go.
We introduced this system at our Family Meeting last night, and I
I am hopeful that the little changes that I have seen in my kids already (not since just last night, but since my meltdown) will last. That they will be just a little more aware of their surroundings and remember that how they take care of their things is how they show their gratitude for those things they have been blessed with.

Comments
xoxo