Here is another before and after project that I tackled a week or two ago. The hall closet at the top of my stairs has been a thorn in my side for years.
You can see there was a hodgepodge of decorations, coats, wrapping supplies... basically everything that didn't have a home got shoved in here. And not only that, but only having the one shelf made it particularly inefficient. In addition, the rows of hooks by my armoire were making me crazy with the kids' backpacks and coats everywhere. It was just so much visual clutter! I decided that I wanted the coat closet to be the place where those backpacks and coats went.
So I took everything out and gave it a fresh coat of white paint. Then I gathered all of my hooks and hung them at varying heights. I brought in a skinny bookshelf from Bryson's room and placed it on one side for some needed miscellaneous storage.
I'm pretty happy with it. I'm sure that if I had a budget for it, I could come up with an even better system, but for using only what I had on hand, I think it works for now.
Before After

Tackling these little problem areas around the house is really satisfying. I have a few more spots in mind that I am really excited to take on. I'm hoping to have one per week to post about for the next little while. That should be a pretty good pace to keep me from feeling completely overwhelmed.
On an unrelated topic, I'd love some input on what type of content you would like to see on the blog. Do you prefer more about projects? or more random parenting/self discovery posts? Or do you like the current randomness - where you never know what you are going to get :) Any opinions would be VERY appreciated.
Comments
I love everything you put out there. I'm sorry, I'm no help! But I just soak your ideas in like a sponge.. Love ya!
The closet looks amazing!! I love it!!