2 Holiday Projects Completed

Lest you think I am a total scrooge this year, here are a couple of crafts that I've finished:

This wreath was inspired by one found HERE via Pinterest.  Using snowflakes that I had on hand, this is what I came up with:


christmas decor 2012

I quite like how it turned out.  We had a couple of mishaps with it... I had finished it, and was so very proud, but it was night, so I couldn't take a picture.  I hung it on the hinge of a door in the hall thinking that it would be safe.  Of course, the next morning, John needed a coat out of that closet (we NEVER use that closet!!!), and opened the door. It completely snapped the wreath in half.  I managed not to cry.

It sat broken for a couple of days until I decided to try to glue it back together.

I fixed it, hung it from the armoir door, and stepped back to admire.  Then I unthinkingly opened the door and down it went... breaking apart in a completely different place.

Luckily, the hot glue gun was still on.  So I quickly repaired it and got it to its home on the front door.

The next project is one that my sweet mother-in-law picked up for us all to do together.  Well, one thing led to another, and it was just her and me that night.  But it did mean that I got it completely finished in just over an hour as opposed to all night.


craft project xmas 2012

Again, with the iPod camera.... ugh.  grainy!  But anyway, it ended up being really cute, and I love the simplicity of it.  Thanks for the fun craft, Joan!

Here's a shot of the front porch:


christmas decor 2012

My friend gave me some pine boughs that she had trimmed from her tree, and after I cut what I wanted for inside, I had a bunch left.  So I started sticking them into my plant stand, and after a few minutes decided that it was kind of a fun makeshift tree.  John unearthed my snowman this morning, and stuck it on the porch.  He kind of needs a little something else, but for now, that is what my front door/porch looks like.

I'm totally loving some of the decorating that I see on Pinterest, and am trying to exercise restraint.  I absolutely can't afford to be spending more money on decorations.  So unless I have it laying around here, it ain't gonna happen this year.  And that's actually ok.  I'm enjoying keeping it a little more on the simple side.

That, and there are less than 20 days till Christmas, so would it be worth it to try to do too much more??

What about you, are you trying to keep it simple or are you going all out this year?

Comments

Naturally Carol said…
Hi..your wreath is totally gorgeous..a pity about all it's mishaps..but glad you fixed it in the end!
It turned out so pretty! I love it. And glad the glue fixed it all. ;)