Wrecked {Boutique Effect}

My house is a wreck.  I told John that it's a new security system, where the house looks trashed so that any burglar who might break in, would assume we've already been hit.  He wasn't thrilled with the idea.

I've been working like crazy trying to make a bunch of stuff to sell in a boutique in Eagle Mountain that my sister is involved in.  

I mostly did flower clips, but have tried a couple of new things:

Trays.  The black ones have a chalkboard finish, and the others are just a painted finish.


I love trays to group things on.  They are just a fun design option to have.

Flower clips.  I am LOVING some of the new colors I have.  The coral ones are probably my favorite, but Sophie votes for the zebra print.  In the picture, the centers are not sewn in, so hopefully I can get them all done and clips attached before tomorrow morning.


This one is done with a pretty champagne color fabric and matching lace.  It's a pretty shabby chic effect.  Megan loves it, and in fact has stolen it, so I hope to get another one or two made.


These new bright colors are super fun.  It's hard to get a true sense of the colors on the computer, but we love them.


So something new I've tried this year is these cute little bows:


Close up:




It's been really fun to try these new things, as well as revisiting the ruffled flowers.  
Let me know if you are interested in purchasing anything.

The flowers are $6 each, the bows vary by size, and the trays are $18 or $20 depending on size.

Wish me luck that I can get everything done today!!  I'm a little overwhelmed by the scope of things left undone.

And complicating matters, is the fact that John got into a car accident this morning in my car.  I was lazy/forgetful yesterday and didn't go get milk.  So, he was going to grab some, and that's when it happened.  He's fine, the other driver is fine, but the car is in bad shape.  The timing leaves a lot to be desired.  It kinda sucks to be paying out a deductible with the holidays coming up.  But... I have faith that all will work out.  Everything happens for a reason, and no experience is ever wasted, right?  There is always something to learn.

Comments

Liz said…
Love it! You make beautiful stuff. Sorry about the car accident.

I'm loving the tray. I'll trade you a month tuition for one. No hurry, but we will talk later. I'm also eyeing those adorable wallets, but won't make it to the boutique. I'll check her blog.