Why is it that even though I know that Halloween is on the last day of October, it is always a shock to me that the next day (today) is NOVEMBER 1st?? You would think that it wouldn't be such a mind-blowing idea, but it's really freaking me out right now.
November, people. No. Vem. Ber. You know what this means. The Holidays are almost here.
To be honest, I haven't really thought a lot about the holidays this year. Only enough to hyperventilate with worry about the financial aspect of it... But today, when the reality of the date on the calendar struck me, thoughts about the holidays have been swirling around in my head non-stop.
I really don't want to trudge through the holidays this year and get to January and not have felt anything. Or to have not made any treasured memories.
Because of my depression, getting myself to do ANYTHING extra is a battle right now, and I am worried that I will just do the bare minimum and "get through" the season. But that isn't what I want. I want to feel it. I want to live it. I want to swim in it until my fingers get all pruney (10 points if you know that movie reference).
Unfortunately, having a special holiday season won't just happen by me wishing for it. It will require me being thoughtful, it will require effort, and above all - it will require a plan.
So, I will be mulling over these thoughts for the next several days, and prayerfully considering how to create these "holidays to remember". And I will share this journey with you.
November, people. No. Vem. Ber. You know what this means. The Holidays are almost here.
| I'm feeling like a deer caught in the headlights... {this pic was taken at a home in Herriman, this huge deer was just in some random yard} |
To be honest, I haven't really thought a lot about the holidays this year. Only enough to hyperventilate with worry about the financial aspect of it... But today, when the reality of the date on the calendar struck me, thoughts about the holidays have been swirling around in my head non-stop.
I really don't want to trudge through the holidays this year and get to January and not have felt anything. Or to have not made any treasured memories.
Because of my depression, getting myself to do ANYTHING extra is a battle right now, and I am worried that I will just do the bare minimum and "get through" the season. But that isn't what I want. I want to feel it. I want to live it. I want to swim in it until my fingers get all pruney (10 points if you know that movie reference).
Unfortunately, having a special holiday season won't just happen by me wishing for it. It will require me being thoughtful, it will require effort, and above all - it will require a plan.
So, I will be mulling over these thoughts for the next several days, and prayerfully considering how to create these "holidays to remember". And I will share this journey with you.
Comments