![]() |
| Me in all of my stickered glory (yes, I know it's reversed ;) ) |
I heard someone say on the radio today something to the effect of: "today is the reason that soldiers lay their lives on the line."
wow. guilt, much?
When I think about the people around the world who sacrifice their lives for the opportunity to have a voice in their government... or about the women who fought to give ME the right to vote... or about the example I need to set for my kids, how could I not vote?
Honestly, it's like I just NEVER thought about it before.
But today, I'm so incredibly grateful, and humbled that for whatever reason, I was born into this great land with all of the rights and freedoms that we enjoy. I appreciate all those who serve our country. And I will never take these privileges for granted.

Comments