Where am I Going With This?


So, I've been wondering where I want to go with this blog.   As of right now, I don't think there are many readers at all, and that's ok, but I think I am at a point where I want to see if it can become something.

But I'm not a crafter.  I'm not a big-time diy-er, I'm not even great about the decorating/organizing stuff.  And I'm for SURE not a perfect parent who plans the perfect parties or packs the amazing lunches.  So if those things are what I'm NOT, then what AM I?  

I'm a mom of 2 teenagers and 2 elementary school aged children that is trying to walk the fine line between guiding them and controlling them.  I'm a woman who struggles with a depression that is intimately tied to my sense of self worth and body image.  I am a mom whose youngest child started school all day and is suddenly at loose ends.  I am someone who loves beautiful things and is trying to create peace and order in a smallish home filled with biggish people.   I have big dreams, but tend to get overwhelmed by the process of achieving them.

Obviously, I am not any ONE thing.  But all of the major blogs out there seem to preach one thing - "find your niche, your focus".  So then, is it possible to grow a blog without becoming a "mom blog" or "craft blog"  or a "diy/decorating blog"?    

What could I possibly have to offer?

I don't really have a brilliant or eloquent answer to that question.  I guess all I can hope for is that maybe by me sharing glimpses into my life, however flawed it may be, I can help someone out there to know they are not alone.   That through sharing my thoughts and fears and hopes and plans and dreams, I might serve as an inspiration to someone - maybe one day, one thing that I say might be that thing someone needed to hear.  

I recently read a blog that said something to the effect of everyone having a story.  That one story is not worth more or less than another.  

I also stumbled upon another blog today  (http://www.elevenoclockmom.com)  which is focused on parenting teens, and the author's obvious joy in her family made my heart happy.  Her blog made me want to become a voice of joy and/or love that might lift someone else like hers lifted me today.  

If I could do that, what more could I want?   

Comments

bpaulsen said…
my thoughts: Your blog is a history of your life. It is no more or less than a summary of who you are and the things you are trying to achieve. If only you read this blog and could learn and grow and progress through your own history, what more could you ask? At times, it is just about you, and becoming...is very personal. enjoy your life's path and find joy....
Love you, Mom