...I decorated for fall
I kept things pretty simple this year with my fall decorating... a garland of leaves over the mirror, a few singles in tiny bottles on my "autumn" blocks, block pumpkins... The logs were from our cabin trip - I loved the shape of the round aspens, but I wish they stayed a little whiter. Over on the piano, I put out the darling "trick-or-treat" blocks that my sister made with the clay figurines, and then just added a printable (from lesscakemorefrosting) and little pumpkin that Sophie brought home from her field trip. An easy way to add "fall" to your house, is to just take sprigs of colored leaves and tuck them into your bookcases or picture frames.
There are so many fun ideas on Pinterest for autumn decorating, but I just didn't quite have it in me to do anything new this year. My kids are lucky I got it out at all...
...We had a zoo day with cousins, great-grandparents and grandma.
I am so grateful that my kids have had a chance to know their great-grandparents! Even though they are slowing down a little, I'm glad that they still make the effort to come to days like this. It was fun to have a day where all of the cousins who live in Utah (except Bryson) were able to enjoy each other and the beautiful weather... and the animals, I guess :)
...I made some changes in the house.
Top left: the girls' room. I put up small shelves to display some small decorative items. Plans for the room include - painting the walls, painting the shelves, and adding some additional decorative elements.
Bottom left: the boys' room. Yes, you read that right. Originally, we were going to have Bryson be downstairs in a partitioned off section of the family room, but when we ended up getting all of the Draw Collar office junk, we quickly realized that my tiny armoir was not going to cut it. So, Bryson - being the good sport that he is, agreed to give up his space and share with Max. The room isn't anywhere close to done, but it was a huge job moving stuff, and it is at least functional.
Top right: the wall opposite my bed. I had gotten the mirrors from a neighbor who was going to throw them out. I had meant to paint them, but time passed, and now I'm glad I didn't. I actually like the gold. I'll do closer up photos of the wall another time.
middle right: the gallery wall above my couch. Plans are to paint the frames so they all match, re-frame the temple picture (it's still sporting my newlywed hunter green and burgundy color scheme. 1993, anyone?), and get some cute and cozy throws.
Bottom right: I printed off some pictures (see my Pinterest board (printables) for source) for the bathroom. I love the fun color that they add - and put into $1.99 frames from Ikea, they were a super cheap project.
This will be the new office space. I still have to get a desk, but it will function as the Draw Collar office, as well as a craft room for me.
These awesome baskets I found at a yard sale a couple of months ago. I didn't do anything to them, except for wash them. I am debating about making liners for them, mainly to protect anything I put inside from the rust. But for now, I just LOVE the rustic feel of them.
Here is a shot of the family room. I don't love having the air hockey table there, but I figure, if it's out, maybe it will get used? I just don't have anywhere else for it to go! The storage aspect of this house is the bane of my existence!
I still have to do something with that tangled mess of cords behind the tv, but otherwise, I think this space looks really cozy.
...I found funny notes around the house.
"Max is room"
"stay out"
"sophie stay out"
"jazz, BYU"
My favorite parts of that sign: Max IS room, and the clarification that it's Sophie that needs to stay out.
"Sophie Max I em sorrey bee cas I was meen to you. I put up the posters. from: sophie to: max :)happy :(sad"
I don't know the story behind this note. I found it downstairs. I can't wait to ask Sophie.
So anyway, that's a little of what I've been up to lately. To be honest, it's been a really, really rough patch of this depression. And it's been super hard to make myself do ANYTHING. Especially blog. I just don't really know what to say. I hope that I can snap out of it soon. Getting things done around here does help though, so I think I will just try to continue to tackle projects here and there to keep busy.
Hope you are having a lovely fall!



Comments