I have just a few minutes before getting started on my monster to-do list for the day, so I thought I'd catch up on the past weekend...
Yes, we went back up to the cabin. no church meetings = getaway!! And it was SPECTACULAR! The leaves were so beautiful, and the weather was divine.
The kids all had a blast, and it was so fun to watch them play together so well. I don't think we had any fighting. It was wonderful! I kept wondering why I was feeling so completely blissed out, and just realized that it's probably because the kids behaved so well.
Of course, duct taping their legs together had NOTHING to do with their cooperation... :)
Sophie and Patch had a great time playing. They were so funny together!
This is a deer we saw as we were pulling out of the cabin. Isn't she pretty?? And the background... So lovely!
John decided that on our way home, we should drive up and over the top of Soapstone (off Mirror Lake highway). The scenery was breathtaking. I took over 100 pictures.
We went and found our "family tree" again. Mild trauma getting that picture: when I was trying to arrange the kids, I moved Max so that he was closer, but while doing so, I may have inadvertently made him step on Sophie's foot. Which upset them both. Which is why there are only Megan and Bryson in the next picture.
Bryson makes us laugh constantly. He was doing his imitation of a woodland creature/dinosaur. I just love that kid.
Needless to say, the ride home from the cabin - which normally takes 2 hours, ended up being a total of 6. By the time we got over the top of Soapstone, it was late enough for dinner. Since we hadn't planned on being on the road that long, we ended up stopping in Heber for some dinner.
By the time we got home, this is how we felt:
It was a wonderful weekend. Just what I needed. I've been struggling lately with some pretty intense depression, but this weekend definitely helped to lighten my heart. I sure hope I can make it last.
Here's one last look at some of the fun that was had at the cabin:

Comments
Love all the pics!