Progress Report and Summer Update

So we were cruising along there with the basement, until...

Mud and tape. {dun,dun,DUN...} Otherwise known as "the biggest pain in the butt!"  3 coats needed.  1 1/2 done so far.  Unless you count the coating in my lungs of the dust from the first sanding.  I feel like I'm breathing and swallowing through mud.  It's super fun.  Oh, and John's wrist aching is not helping matters at all.  And his shoulder injury is coming back to haunt us.

So basically, I'm planning on having my bed in the family room downstairs for the foreseeable future.  I did my best to make it functional - but I'm not gonna lie - it's not ideal.  And living with one bathroom is not easy either.

Wow.  I sound like a brat!  I'm actually very, very excited about this still.  And no, having a bedroom in the open is not what we'd prefer, but it's fine.  The sacrifice now will be totally worth it when we get to move into our new space!  And I'm way excited to start picking paint colors and searching for treasures.

So far summer has been pretty easy.  Not too many days of boredom and complaining from the kiddos. Max and Sophie have been playing with friends off and on, had sleepovers with cousins, and been generally content to hang out.  Bryson has worked for my dad off an on this summer doing some roofing.  I'm proud of him.  It's not easy work.

Meanwhile, I've sent my daughter off to girl's camp this week.  It was hard to drop her off.  She was so nervous!  I wish she had someone - anyone - from church who would see past her shyness and try to draw her into the group!   The leaders are wonderful, but there is only so much they can do.  I'm so proud of Megan though, that she went to camp even though she was feeling so scared.  Through these experiences, she will become so much stronger, and so much more empathetic and aware of others who might be feeling alone.  Such a great girl!


Not too much planned for the rest of the summer.  A trip to the cabin this weekend, and finishing the basement.  That's about it.  I can't believe we are 1/2 way through our summer vacation!  It's mid-July, people!  Dying!

My goals for the rest of the summer are to spend as much time as possible making memories with these people...


Hope you have fun making memories with your families!

Comments

Joshua Jensen said…
The room looks so great! The process, probably not so fun, but it'll be over soon. Thanks for letting friends come calling A LOT!
pan x 8 said…
I totally feel "checked out" from my life around me! One of these days, I'll come over and you can teach me how to tape and mud! =)