First full week of July is winding down to a close, and I haven't posted... sheesh. Slacker much?
I'm not going to lie. I'm still struggling here. I'm having a pretty hard time staying "up". I'm trying to get better at putting on my happy face (like Sophie), but I don't always succeed. I've avoided posting here because I really don't want this to become some "poor me" downer place, but life hasn't been all down. I have my moments and even whole days where I feel pretty good - and here are some bits of what we've been up to:
Some friends threw their daughter a birthday bash complete with ponies...
Playing in the back yard... Ladder ball (?) is a favorite around here
Watching Uncle Mat play in the championship game (Rocky Mountain football league) - Go Stealth! They won, by the way!
Walk to the duck pond with dad.
Creating the ultimate redneck/white-trash pool in the back of the truck - and then driving it around the neighborhood to complete the effect.
We've seen "Brave" and "Madagascar 3"(me and max and sophie) and
"The Amazing Spiderman" (john and bryson and meg)
We bbq-ed on the 4th, got together with my family to catch up with my brother's family who is back from AZ for a bit, had a marathon volleyball game... Gosh. Listed all out like that, we've been having a funner time than I thought!
Most of this is due to John. He's definitely the "fun" parent in our house. At least right now.
Hope you are all having a fun-tastic summer!



Comments